You are here:

Moving On

Bare room with wooden flooring.

When a relationship ends, you may find yourself in situations that you have never had to think about before.

Perhaps your partner or spouse took responsibility for paying all the bills and managing your joint finances and now you're unsure what to do. Please visit our Money and Debt advice pages for information on this.

You will need to think about setting up a new bank account if you have only had joint accounts. Make sure that you inform your employer so that your salary gets paid into your new account and from here you can make sure you pay any joint bills and debts until your joint finances have been resolved.

The Money Advice Service has produced excellent resources for helping you to divide your assets and to work out what you owe each other and external agencies.

Working Parents:

If you work, you may be able to get help with childcare costs through your employer. Contact your employer's HR or Personnel department to find out more.

You may also be entitled to Parental Leave, which is unpaid time off work to care for a child. You have a legal right to Parental Leave if you are named on the child's birth or adoption certificate, or have legal parental responsibility for the child.

In addition to this, you may have the right to flexible working hours. This could mean working during term time, job sharing or flexible start/finish times.

Speak to your line manager or HR department about what is available to you. 

Give us a call...

For confidential support and advice call 0800 056 2424 Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm